Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I wish I would have....

...read a proverb a day when I was a teenager!  :)  It is a habit I am just getting myself into (I'm doing better at this habit than working out, but its stilll a struggle). 
Today I read Proverbs 25, and I have to say I really enjoy the wisdom that pours from those verses.  So many of them apply to me right now. 
Proverbs 25:16 "Have you found honey? Eat only as much as you need, Lest you be filled with it and vomit." :) lol
About two years ago, I began focusing my "cravings" on God rather than food.  Thanks to Lisa Terkuerst's book Made to Crave I have been able to rely on scripture and the Holy Spirit to deny my cravings for food and lean more on God.  It has been a long hard journey, but I am almost to my"goal weight!"

Proverbs 25:28 "Whoever has no rule over his own spirit Is like a city broken down, without walls."
This year I have been applying the truths of this verse to my life, and I am amazed at the peace it has brought to my life.  I am in a "crazy busy" season right now, and I was feeling very stressed.  I was not happy with the way I reacted at times, and I needed something to help me change.  When this verse was shared with me, it was life-changing!  I can control my reaction to others by the power of the Holy Spirit!  YAY!!!!  I know it sounds so obvious now, but I was really struggling with this, and to be honest sometimes I still struggle.  I don't like being  "like a city broken down, without walls." I want to be able to control my emotions and reactions, but I was so frustrated becasue I couldn't change!!  This verse, along with some experiences I went through changed me,thank you God!


There's some other verses in there that are ministering to me, also.  I just don't feel comfortable sharing right now.  Maybe later.... ;)

So, lesson learned....

A proverb a day...keeps the devil away! 

Haha, yeah if it were that easy, but it does help! :D

1 comment:

  1. Amber,
    I am so proud and blessed by the changes you have made in your life through God's power. Yes, you have lost weight, but more than anything you have grown spiritually. You are an inspiration to your mother.
    Love you.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete